Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Congrats in Black and White and bit of purple


The scrapbooking group that i belong to challenged us on NSD to use a card sketch and then to use black, white and one other color. I choose purple for my "color". (Obviously, i am a bit late getting this done)

I also made my own white flower so i could put this card in the DT Designed 2 Delight challenge.
The white flower is made from a coffee filter.

Then i went one step further and decided to use one of my favorite images from The Greeting Farm so i could use it in their Congratulations challenge.

I also wanted to challenge myself by making this image in black and white (with a bit of purple). This is my first attempt. My husband thinks it looks vintage...
I also used Craft Concepts "Wings" embossing folder.

Here are the copics i used:
Skin-N0, C3
Hair- N0, C3, C5
Dress-No,BV000,BV01
Vest- BV01,02
Pants-C3,C5, C7

3 comments:

  1. This is so cool. I always go for red with black and white, but purple is such a great combo. Wonderful coloring! Are you serious a coffee filter?! That is brilliant. Great card, thanks for joining us at D2D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card & wonderful flower. Honestly, I thought it was made from ribbon! I can't believe a coffee filter can look so good.
    Heh, I never ask my hubby what he thinks-just in case its something I don't want to hear!
    Thanks so much for making flowers along with the DT at Designed2Delight . Please join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. We don't even drink coffee. I used the coffee filters for crafts. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!