Monday, August 1, 2011

A sweet baby announcement!

I was so excited about using these images, i had been wanting to use them since i bought them.  They so remind me of my grandkids.  When this challenge to make something "sweet" came up at Mo's challenge blog and thought..."oh, sweet!", i can use these images and make my daughter's birth announcements plus there is a bit of a sweet sucker in the image!

Here is what i think about the images, Ayden, my grandson, is the boy w/the orange shirt...he likes orange and his bangs separate just like that.  He is a twin to Beckett they are going to be 5 in Oct. Beckett is non verbal/autistic and is the sweet little boy to the right...he just never wants to look at the camera...and even though this little girl has more hair than Sadie who is 2, she is very similar to my granddaughter so i colored her thinking of her as my granddaughter. :)



What i did:
The images are actually, two separate digital images, Guilty Bert and Brady & Chloe.  I cut off the sucker that the little boy was holding behind the little girl's back so that i could include "Bert" with the images.  I have used the sketch from deconstructingjen's blog.

Copics i used:
Skin- E51, 00, 02
Bert/Chloe's Hair- E31, 33, 34
Brady's Hair- E33, 34, 39
Bear- E31, 33, 81
Brady & Bert's shirt & socks- B32, 41
B & B's shorts- E31,34
B & B's shoes- C3
Brady's button shirt- YR15, 23
Chloe's outfit- Y15,11, RV63,66
Sucker- RV63, 66

Other Challenges:
Hooked on Craft- Cute Cuddly
Kaboodle Doodles- In the garden (might not be what you are thinking of, but my grandkids help me in my garden) 
Delightful Challenges- Stitching

9 comments:

  1. Adorable card! I love those two images together...it tells a little story! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge. Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS, Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment on my blog TOTALLY made my day and made me feel like a million bucks, thanks SO much!!! Your cards are just wonderful though the beach ball anya one is a definite fave of mine ;0)
    Love how this reminds you of each of your grandkids, I bet you are a wonderful Grandma!
    Hugs,
    ~Rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Bonnie what a wonderful card. I lovethe image you used - your colouring is superb and i love the papers you used too - gorgeous take on the sketch.
    I just wanted to say a huge thank you for your lovely comment today, it made me smile! Espcially the thought of a lovely ladybug watching me craft :P
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, love the use of the multiple images, it creates a lovely scene. Beautiful coloring! Thanks for joining us this week at Mo's.
    hugs
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you merged these together to make a really personal card. Great work! I’m so glad you could play with us at Mo’s this week!
    Hugs,
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Grandma Bonnie! What a perfectly adorable card! And the fact that they are your beautiful grandkiddos makes it even that much better!I love the way you mereged these cuties! Your coloring is stunning! Thanks so much for sharing this gorgeous creation and your sweet story with us this week at Mo's. Hugs.
    Gramma Pat (Frank)

    ReplyDelete
  7. there is a blog award for you on my blog :) this is super sweet card too hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute image and wonderful colouring. Thanks for joining us at Hookedoncraft challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous work hun!
    Thank you for playing with us at Delightful Challenges this week for our stitching challenge,
    Good luck
    hugs
    Zahreen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!