Saturday, May 5, 2012

Just sitting here thinking about you

This is such a fun challenge at TOMIC...we can use an animal on our card/project with the sketch shown below.  Also Just Magnolia has a challenge where anything goes with the option of pearls and swirls.

It's sort of funny how this card came about..i had purchased these two images together with some other images as well and when my friend, Margo saw them, she said...she thought it was clever to buy the swing for the bird..and i hadn't even thought of that.  So thanks, Margo for the idea!

Also, one thing i did to make the bird sit on the swing is i cut the tail off and put the tail behind the swing and then i used a foam dot to make the body be in front of the swing.  Making this card brought back memories of my grandma's bird, she had a parakeet and the bird used to say, "Pretty bird"..so i thought of that while i was coloring.

Here is my card:


















                                                                                             TOMIC Sketch i used from the challenge:



















Challenges:
TOMIC- Use an animal and sketch
Just Magnolia- Anything goes w/opt of pearls and swirls


6 comments:

  1. How sweet! Love how you've done this "pretty bird"! I'm sure he loves it out on the tree branch better than in his cage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card and very pleased to see that stamp that i haven't seen for a long time!
    Thanks for joining us at TOMIC challenge this week!
    Love from France, Kianel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely card!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Tomic this week!
    Hugs Lillemor

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always so scared when I see your name in the line up of entries because your projects are just amazing! I adore this card, just like every other one you make but this one is special because I am a bird girl! Good luck in the challenges this card is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Bonnie, your cards are AMAZING! I love this one. Super coloring and swirls. GORGEOUS!
    Hugs,
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is great Bonnie, I love the idea with the cloud-paper in the background!
    Thanks indeed for joining us at Just Magnolia this week.
    Big Hugs,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!