Sunday, October 27, 2013

This cup of coffee is responsible...

I am quite honored to be guest designing for Quirky Crafts Challenges.  I entered a challenge and was chosen as the winner and then i was asked to guest design.  The is the best compliment ever.  Thank you Cazzy and Quirky Crafts DT!

For this challenge i was asked to use an image from a company i've not heard of before called Crackerbox Palace..i love hearing about new stamp places!

This stamp is called Helen with Coffee and is available as a digital image as well as a rubber stamp from Crackerbox Palace.
 I wanted to use this stamp because i have a very dear friend that must have her coffee in the morning before she can function.  I've made this card for her because my friend makes me smile and i was hoping this would make her smile as well.  Using dies on a card can make the card look fancy with minimal amount of work.  I like to hand cut my images out and this one was a bit challenging and fun because of the hair.

The die i used to mat my image is from Noor/Joy Craft and is the fancy rectangle. I made the sentiment on my computer.

Copics used:
skin- YR000, 00, R20
hair/unsmiley face- Y21, YR23
curlers/slippers/nighty- R20, 22
robe- BG09, 72
steam- E41, 43
white collar/cuffs- Viva Pearl Pen

Challenges:

Creative Knockout- Favorite ribbon (Pink Palace)
Paper Creator's Crafts- Pink or/and Blue
Bearly Mine- Sketch


10 comments:

  1. This is adorable. It did make me smile -- no, it actually made me chuckle. I seem to know someone rather like that image and saying myself -- someone I'm VERY close to -- oh yes, that would be ME (smile). Super great card, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, this makes me chuckle to! I'm not a coffee drinker, but I know the effect it has on many people! Fantastic card an I love the ribbon you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute, Bonnie! Love that fun image and great sentiment! Really nice coloring, love your die cuts, DP & bow, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Bonnie
    Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenge.
    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the GDT spot! Great card -I love the image and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for being a guest designer in this challenge, and we love the card you made.

    Cazzy - on behalf of the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun image. Love that sentiment. I'm not a coffee drinker myself, but I know some of the people I work with feel like your friend.

    FUN CARD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, she could be me...but I won't bother with curlers. Too much like work, lol :P
    LOVE this fun card - great seam binding! - and congrats on your guest gig!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bonnie!!! Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog this week... I still plan to reply, but I have a sick kiddo at home w/ me these last few days from school!!
    Any who -- on to the good news!!!
    I just saw on paper playful that this fabulous & funny card of yours won a prize @ Bearly Mine!! I just wanted to pop over & let you know!!
    Great card & well deserved!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you joined us over on Quirky Crafts as a Guest Designer and well done on the win!
    (Lyn

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!