Friday, June 20, 2014

Happy Birthday to my friend, Sher! Sherri Baldy's My Bestie's featuring Mother's Pearls, Daddy's shoes.

I am a bit late at making this card for my friend Sher.  I just met her this year and found she lives close to me when i am up in Michigan.  She always has the time to listen and encourage me when i am working on the My Bestie teams.  Truly a wonderful new friend. 

I am a day early at completing this card for Sher but a day late at sending it out to her.  Her birthday is tomorrow.. June 21!

For this card i am using a die from Paper Trey..they have a vertical slider die that works perfect for this card design.  The image i am using is called Mother's Pearls, Daddy Shoes and can be found here.  

I decided because i spent most of today working on this for Sher, that i would enter it in a few challenges (here is the card with the slider pulled open):
Here is the card closed (left) and on the right is the side of the card so you can see the construction, you can also see the embellishment butterfly digi i used from Sami Stamps found here:



















Here is the card so you can see it folds flat:
Copics Used:
skin- YR000, 00, E02
hair/shoes- W5, 7 (Water color pencil black)
eyes- E25
hat/dress- R0000, 81, 83, 85
bow/skirt layer- R20, 22, 24
second skirt layer- E00, E04
balloon- Y11, 13, 15, 19
leaves- YG03
skirt lace- W1, 3



Challenges:
My Besties Dutch Girls- Twine/charm (i have a tiny bit of twine in the bottom left corner with the charm)

My Besties Norwegian Designs - Charm/punch



5 comments:

  1. Wow...your card is very great!
    I love the design.
    Hugs, mumur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented at doing cute and sweet! Adorable little bestie and the little charm and the pearl flourishes are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card !
    Thank you for joining us at Dutch Besties.
    XX Christa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore this card! Now I just need to figure out how you made it. Is there a video you can direct me to? Thanks, ~Angelina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I love this card Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!